Creating A Custom YouTube Channel
- Posted in Monkie's Blog
- Monday, 03 March 2014 08:00
- Hits: 1167
With over a billion unique visitors every month, YouTube is the most popular video sharing site on the Internet and an important platform for your online marketing strategy.
A successful video marketing campaign is largely driven by the quality and relevance of its videos and the quality of the YouTube channel itself. Here is a detailed look at how to create and customize a YouTube channel for your business.
Creating your channel
You need a Google account to create your YouTube channel. For a business channel, it is best to create a separate Google account using a non-personal email address, preferably with the name of your business. This way, you and others in your organization can run the channel without compromising your personal Google account. Here are some quick steps to create a Google/YouTube account:
To be able to do this, however, you must be tuned in to their needs. Conduct surveys, one-on-one interviews, or online polls to find out what is most important to them so you will understand your customer needs and address them aptly in your videos.
- Go to YouTube.com and click on the ‘Sign In’ link on the top-right corner.
- Click on ‘Create an Account’ in the top-right corner of the Sign In screen that appears next.
- You will be prompted to open a Google Account in the next screen, where you can fill in the necessary fields and choose a unique Google username. Once you are done filling the necessary fields, click on the ‘Next Step’ button.
- When you choose your Google/YouTube channel username, use something that is clever, related to your business and business name, and identifiable with your intended audience. It should also be easy to spell and remember. If you are opening a channel to promote a particular product, it is best if you use the product name in your username.
- Click on ‘Back to YouTube’ after you have created the Google account. Do not forget to verify your account from your Gmail page and save your Google account details. Once you reach YouTube, sign in with your new Google account to open your main YouTube home screen. Here you can customize your channel with the steps mentioned ahead.
Customizing your channel
- Your first YouTube page will only display the details you enter, including your profile photo if you have uploaded any. Click on the ‘Channel Setting’ on the top-left corner of the home screen to start customizing your channel.
- You will be redirected to the ‘Appearance Tab’. You can upload a graphic image, texture, or color for your channel background under the ‘Background’ heading. You can customize your channel’s overall visual look on this tab.
- Under the ‘Info and Settings’ tab, you can add a small text description of your channel in the ‘Description’ field. Explain a little about your business, the purpose of the channel, and the kind of videos people can see in it.
Enter a series of key phrases and keywords that describe your business and channel in the ‘Tags’ field. These will help people find your channel when they are searching for a service or product you offer or a company similar to yours. Finally, do not forget to edit the channel URL using the ‘Edit’ button in the ‘Channel URL’ link.
There are many more things to know and do but just in just a few minutes you can accomplish the items on this list and be well on your way to a successful YouTube channel driving more opportunities to your business.